Finding out you have genital herpes may seem like the end of the the world when it happens, but it really isn’t. The psychological effect of having herpes is usually much worse that the outbreaks themselves. Especially when you first find out.
You may feel that you can’t ever have an intimate relationship ever again or let anyone get close to of fear of passing on the genital herpes virus.
This is so far from the truth. You can have intimate relationships and as long as you stay aware of what is happening in you body and stay smart, you are very unlikely to pass it on to anyone.
Once you become more informed about genital herpes you will realize that there are millions of people just like you who live happy and fulfilling lives with herpes.
HSV-2 may seem like an inconvenient but it depends on how you look at it. You can see it as an annoyance or a sign from your body that something isn’t right. Genital herpes outbreaks are more often than not caused by stress, fatigue and your immune system being low. Which means you need to take better care of yourself. I like to look for the silver lining in every cloud.
When dealing with any kind of disease its your attitude towards it that counts. If you can’t accept it, how do you expect anyone else to accept it in you?
How do I deal with having genital herpes?
So you got the news you have genital herpes. And most people will go through emotions of despair, depression, rage and feelings of being dirty. These are all normal reactions when you first find out. Your world has changed.
So now you know, its time to deal with it. But how? The best way to learn how to deal with it is to be informed. Learn about the herpes virus, read and absorb yourself in what is the new influence on your life. Knowledge is power. And with this knowledge you will learn several primary things:
– Millions of men and woman like yourself have genital herpes
– Genital herpes in woman, 1 in 6 have it
-Genital herpes in men, 1 in 8 have it
– It will not kill you
– You can be in control and it never has to bother you
– Nothing else about you has changed, you are still just as attractive and a beautiful person as you were before
– There is a lot of support to help you with this
– Herpes virus is as common as a cold. 1 in 5 people have herpes, 1 in 8 have genital herpes
– There are many people who you can talk too; doctors, counselor, support groups ect..
– There are all kinds of treatments for genital herpes
How do I change how I think about having herpes?
Having genital herpes shouldn’t change how you think about yourself but unfortunately it does for some of us. So I suggest a few tips of how to change how you feel about having genital herpes.
1. Look in the mirror, has anything changed? Do you look different? No, you don’t. So nothing has changed. Remember: “You are still the same wonderful person you were before you contracted herpes.”
2. If you do have an outbreak, think of it as if you are unwell like having a flu. You usually wouldn’t let your partner be intimate with you when you had a flu just in case you gave them the bug, so you wouldn’t be intimate with them when you have an outbreak. Simple.
3. Change your perception and how you think. You are in charge of your state of being (how you feel); be accountable for it. No one can make you feel anything you don’t want to. You are the master of your emotions. Learn more about how to change, different techniques are in The Solution to Herpes treatment.
4. And most of all, list all the good things about yourself. Write a list of what is GREAT about you. ie. your kind, you help others, you treat people with respect, you are a good person ect… Listing all the good attributes about yourself and read them when you wake up in the morning. It will put you in the right frame of mind and project positivity.
Dealing with Genital Herpes every day?
So you are working on being more positive and taking charge of your emotional state when it comes to having genital herpes. But how do you deal with it daily?
Very simply put, let it go. If you think and worry about something everyday then that is what you will notice in your life. However if you focus on the good things in your life like your loved ones, what a great job you have, how wonderful your pet makes you feel. You will produce a better state of being.
You don’t think about breathing air to survive everyday do you? no. But if you didn’t have air for 5 minutes you would die. You may have genital herpes in your body but its not going to be active everyday of your life, especially if you learn how to suppress the herpes permanently. So let it go and only think about it when you have to.
A Story of success:
I found out I had genital herpes virus about 8yrs ago now. When it happened I lost it, I cried, I hated myself and I was depressed.
Why? Because I wasn’t informed and mostly because I couldn’t see past the fact that I had a disease. I was selfish and stuck in my head about woe is me, why did this happen to me….
Then I eventually dusted myself off and started to be informed, I researched about it, I paid attention to my body and what it reacted to. I started to take medicines suggested to me from my doctor, and then I started to try my own remedies when this didn’t work. I was having 1-2 outbreaks a month in the beginning.
I looked into focusing on the good aspects of getting genital herpes. I reminded myself that there are far worse things in life to have rather than herpes. People can die form other diseases, this was just a mild inconvenience.
I started to learn that I was the main influence on my body. Now this took a long time.
Years in fact. It took me to study Hypnosis, NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and meditation until I started to understand the mind body connect and how WE influence all that happens to us. And especially learnt that I could STOP MY BODY FROM HAVING OUTBREAKS!!!! I was so excited. I started to share what I had found with other men and woman with genital herpes. And they had the same results, NO OUTBREAKS! I was so happy and that is why I produced this treatment.
Now its been years since I have had a herpes outbreak and I live a wonderful life with the love of my life. And herpes doesn’t bother me anymore. How to Get Rid Of Herpes